Sunday, December 4, 2011

Anthropologie Inspired Snow Globe

 Well the holidays are fast approaching and I wanted to share a little project I've been working on.  It's inspired from my favorite store, Anthropologie.  I thought I'd make mine with a glitter house.

Above are the Anthropologie version with trees inside.
I changed mine and added a vintage zinc lid.  I love the more vintage look.
 I bought a package of tiny trees from Michaels. The trees were green, I used straight bleach to dye them.
 I created the little glitter house from a pattern I found online here.  I scaled it down so it would fit inside the jar.
 Here's what it looks like when you flip it upside down.
 Then I added clear german glitter glass.  If you use any other kind of glitter it sticks to the glass making it hard to see inside, so I splurged and bought the glitter glass.
 What do you think?  It took a bit of time, but I think it's kind of cute.
I'd like to make different sizes of these with a church and other houses, and will do it if I get the time.  This was loads of fun, it looks great under low light.  Maybe you'd like to give it a try!  Or if you're interested in this one, check it out here.
Take care,
Martha
Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin